I've always loved October. When I was a kid, it was because of Halloween and my birthday - what five-year old doesn't like presents and candy? Besides that, autumn has always been my favorite season, but especially October. I know you're thinking that, technically, it's still September, to which I say, technically, so's your face.
Reasons it's great:
- It's cooler outside. Those 95 degree days with 98% humidity sucked, a lot.
- Football! Started in September, but it gets going full-swing in October.
- Cider. Who doesn't love cider?
- Pumpkins. Most especially, Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin scones. Love 'em! I picked up a six-pack of pumpkin ale for the first time this year, and wasn't impressed by the first bottle, but I think it'll grow on me, just like St. Pauli Girl did.
- Leaves. It's just so pretty out there, don'tcha think?